2022 Northport Historical Society relaunches scholarship for Northport-East Northport graduating seniors. Open for Student Applications through April 25, 2022.

– Northport Historical Society announced today that the 2022 Northport Historical Society Scholarship, which will assist high school seniors from the Northport-East Northport School District who plan to pursue postsecondary education, is now open for its third year of student applications. “We are so glad to bring this gift back to the community after a hiatus during the pandemic,” said Teresa Reid, Deputy Director and Curator of Northport Historical Society.

To be eligible, applicants must be graduating seniors living in Northport-East Northport and must complete the application and submit by April 25th, 2022. Students must plan to enroll at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the upcoming academic year. This year’s essay prompt is “Dig Deeper at the Northport Historical Society”. Students will write original essays on any subject related to the Northport Historical Society Museum and/or local history. Essays will be judged on depth of research, clarity of purpose and prose, and overall creativity.

Three recipients will be awarded scholarships for fall of 2022. First award will be for $1,500; the second will be for $1,000; and the third will be for $500. Two Registration Nights will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 8th and 9th from 7-9pm for students to speak with Curator Terry Reid and Museum Educator Ceylan Swenson about possible essay topics and the Museum’s resources. One further Weekend Research Session will be held on Saturday, March 19th from 11-4:30pm. Students can continue their research during the museum’s regular open hours (Wed-Sun, 1:00-4:30pm). Recipients will be celebrated at a ceremony at the Society on May 22nd, 2022. Interested seniors can print their application from the Northport Historical Society website, under the ‘Education’ section: www.northporthistorical.org/scholarship.