Some Of The Freshman Class’ Favorites Songs

Music+is+a+big+part+of+Northport+High+School%2C+from+the+Tiger+Marching+Band+to+the+school+musical.+Even+the+songs+that+students+may+listen+to+while+studying+or+doing+homework+are+important.+Because+of+this%2C+almost+everyone+has+a+song+that+they+love%2C+identify+with%2C+and+just+enjoy+listening+to.+

Inc. Magazine

Music is a big part of Northport High School, from the Tiger Marching Band to the school musical. Even the songs that students may listen to while studying or doing homework are important. Because of this, almost everyone has a song that they love, identify with, and just enjoy listening to.

Dora Fields, Freelancer

Although listening to those songs over and over can be fun, it’s always a good idea to branch out and listen to something you wouldn’t normally put on. To help with this, here are some favorite songs from the freshmen class at Northport High School to add to your playlists.

1. Ava Pizzarelli, freshman: All Too Well (10-minute version)(from the vault) by Taylor Swift.

All Too Well came out when I was five years old and it is one of Taylor’s best songs. Lyrically, it’s a masterpiece. She wrote it about her ex-boyfriend and it’s all about being emotional. It’s five minutes of pure perfection. She released a ten-minute version on November 12 and I’m obsessed.”

1. Gia Driesse, freshman: It’s Always You by Chet Baker.

“I like this song because I like the rhythm, the beat. I like the feelings I get from it, you know? I think the way that the artist puts his thoughts into lyrics is really cool.”

1. Jordan Kuo, freshman: Take a Chance On Me by Abba.

“I like Take a Chance On Me because it’s really catchy. It also sounds different from all the modern songs, so it’s a nice change of pace. It’s European pop music, that’s the genre. I love to listen to this song for some high-energy study music.”

1. Kate Karp, freshman: Pink + White by Frank Ocean.

“This song makes me happy. It’s one of those songs that just kind of builds up to this really nice and sort of effortless end. This song has some really good memories associated with it for me and so it’s always nice to listen to and revisit good times.”

1. Verena Eldeiry, freshman: Time by Pink Floyd.

“It’s different. It’s cool. It’s very calming to listen to and it has a lot of attention to musical details. My dad got me into it and now I really like listening to Pink Floyd. I listen to it at night before I go to bed, I guess; not very often, but it always puts me in a good mood.”

1. Anonymous, freshman: Kiwi by Harry Styles.

“This song made me a fan of Harry Styles. I first heard it live at a Harry Styles concert and I loved it. The energy the song has is amazing. It just makes you want to dance.”

1. Thomas Bianchi, freshman: Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns N’ Roses.

“I like the sound of this song. I listen to it when I’m playing video games. It makes me happy to listen to it because it’s a really nice song.”

1. Martina Goavan, freshman: Black Out Days (Future Islands Remix) by Phantogram

“The beat and the rhythm of the song is really nice. It’s very calming for me. It can help me fall asleep or help me focus.”

1. Matthew Munson, freshman: Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish.

“I just kind of like how it goes from this slow song to this fast song. It makes you just want to jam out in an instant, and it’s incredible.”

1. Glee Rah C. Villaruel, freshman: Stay High (Childish Gambino Version) by Britanny Howard.

“I like this song because it’s vibey and has good energy. I often listen to it when I’m sad because it makes me feel happier.”