Interviews: Favorite Music Of Northport Students

The New York Times

Lily Eagen, Freelancer

Music: one of the few things that can bring us together and that we can all relate to. It can help us do our homework, pay attention to things happening around us, or just relax. It can also affect our mood, making us cry or howl with laughter when listening to a specific song. So what are the students of Northport High School listening to? Find out below!

Sophomore Matthew Munson is a certified Swiftie, with his favorite song being “Afterglow” by the one and only Taylor Swift. This song is in the album Lover, which also happens to be his favorite Taylor Swift era. Matt prefers listening to music on Spotify, and his playlist of choice is “tsilyalp” which he created. 

Carlee Ferrara, a junior at Northport High School, has a plethora of favorite songs which include “Living Dead Girl” by Rob Zombie, “Lonely Eyes” by The Front Bottoms, and “Killer Queen” by Queen. On Spotify, she enjoys listening to the artist’s Queen, Frank Sinatra, and The Front Bottoms. Carlee’s favorite playlist on Spotify is “Stop, Drop, Rock n’ Roll” which she can be found listening to on occasion. 

Sophomore Kailey Ciszek enjoys listening to “My Type” by Saint Motel, along with Bruno Mars, J. Maya, and Surfaces. She prefers to listen to music on Spotify with the playlist “Summer Vibes No Filter”. 

Phoebe Meyer, a freshman, is also a Taylor Swift fan, with her favorite songs being “Right Where You Left Me”  and “Call It What You Want” by Taylor Swift, and “ceilings” by Lizzie McAlpine. Her favorite artists are Taylor Swift, Lana del Ray, and Billie Eilish. She loves listening to music on both Apple Music and Spotify. Her favorite album is Reputation by Taylor Swift. 

Sabrina Kwarta is a sophomore and she enjoys listening to a variety of music. Her favorite song is “Wah Wah” by George Harrison. Her top artist is The Rolling Stones, whom she listens to on Spotify. Her favorite playlist is “Sabrina’s Tunes”, created by Sabrina herself, and she doesn’t have a favorite album, as she loves them all too much to pick.

Junior Abigail Anders can be found listening to “Hotel” by Claire Rosinkranz. Her favorite artists include Will Wood and Mxmtoon on Spotify. Her most-loved album is the Into the Woods cast album, specifically the revival.

Nick Crafa, a senior, enjoys listening to “Castle on the Hill” by his favorite artist, Ed Sheeran. He enjoys listening to this song on his daily trip to and from school. His favorite album is Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen, which he listens to on Spotify.