Start with Hello

Grace Reuschle, Contributor

In a world full of tragedies,  we could all use a little kindness. Start With Hello is a project that wants to make the world a kinder place. One of the counselors at our school, Ms. DeSantis, is the person in charge when it comes to this project.

Start With Hello came together after the Sandy Hook shooting and was meant to make the world a kinder place after the event. The project’s goals are to try to make every student feel important and heard. Even something as simple as complimenting a person can make a big impact in their life. In the age of technology,  it’s easy to get discouraged and not feel enough, but with this project we want students to be able to make new friends and know that someone has their back. In between the Junior and Sophomore wells in the Commons there is a wall where people put up a photo of themselves so that if a student is ever in need they can come to someone whose photo is up there. Above the Commons is a poster hanging to remind everyone about the project and in the announcements there are details about the projects and what it is doing.

If you decide you want your photo up on the wall you can email Ms. DeStantis a selfie of yourself and she’ll print it out and put it up on the board.